Monday, January 11, 2010

new year, new name...

+ i am officially and legally and luckily megan gauthey wilson!! the name changing has been a gigantic hassle but my hubby is totally worth it ;) so far i have changed it with 6 organizations/companies, and by my best count i have at least 5 more major ones to go (although no doubt i've forgotten at least a few...) whew. be prepared for all of this, betrothed ladies out there!

so i meant to write this blog entry on christmas day. and then i meant to write it on new year's day. and now here i am, 10 days later and finally getting around to it! i am a complete blog slacker. maybe i should make a resolution to blog more frequently? eh, maybe when summer gets here. right now i'm just trying to get through each day in one piece & be able to savor every spare second i have with my husband and my family.

the reason i have really been wanting to blog is to just express my thankfulness and gratitude and share my happiness with anyone out there who cares to hear.

i am utterly and endlessly thankful for...
-my incredible, loving, supportive, kind, and strong husband. this past year has been incomparable because of the love and joy it has brought to me, and he is much of the reason for it.
-my beautiful, adorable, perfect little niece, who has brought not only me but my entire family endless amounts of joy and laughter.
-the health and safety of my loved ones
-my wonderfully nurturing and supportive friends who continue to stick by me, even when we're in different places
-my sweet, sweet penelope who makes me and donny smile every single day
-the roof over our heads, the jobs that allow us to live comfortably, and the new people with whom we have crossed paths and who have left their footprints on our lives

in this new year, i resolve to...
-let my husband know every day how much i love and appreciate him, and continue to strengthen our relationship
-cherish every moment with my niece, because these years are priceless and irreplaceable
-make a better effort to connect with those friends and family i love but don't see often. i want them all to know how much they mean to me.
-become more healthy. hopefully find the willpower to make changes that will make me feel better on a daily basis. no more migraines or stomach issues? i would love it.
-read more. i think tv is rotting my brain.
-give more to those in need
-make it through this semester at work without a nervous breakdown
-be a better wife, friend, daughter, sister, aunt, granddaughter, coworker, random stranger on the street, and citizen of this world, than i was in 2009.

goodnight and good week! CF update to come later in the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment