Sunday, September 27, 2009

football/futbol sunday

today, donny and i played in our very first co-ed soccer game. neither one of us is really in "soccer" cardio shape, i am mid-sinus infection, and it was quite warm. needless to say, we are utterly exhausted. but, we did survive, although our team got beat pretty badly. i think, aside from the physical discomfort, it was pretty fun. and as they say, the couple that plays together stays together... i assume that includes recreational adult sports?

my amazing friend april came in town friday night to host a little jewelry soiree, which was a blast thanks mostly to my awesome coworkers and my family and, of course, april. erin and my niece, kate, stayed the night as well and erin, april, and i had a really nice "slumber party", with lots of girl talk and a little late-night grey's anatomy. the next morning erin, kate, and i headed to houston, where donny met up with us after his "amazing" creed concert. yes, you read correctly, creed! donny tends to appreciate really terrible bands from the nineties, and i love him in spite of this. saturday night donny accompanied my brother-in-law, zac, to a 'stros game, where he dropped a foul ball that came right to him- i love him in spite of this, too (and hey, he made it on tv!) erin, kate, and i went shopping and got some frozen yogurt at swirll (which just happens to be my favorite thing in the entire world to eat), and i bought a dress for one of my showers. successful weekend, all in all.

tonight donny and i are working hard, assembly line style, to finally get our invitations completed and mailed... look for yours in a mailbox near you SOON :)

i do have one confession... as you may have guessed already from my lack of a blog entry, i did not make it to my 4th day of CF last week. this was not for lack of motivation or desire, though. my body has really been taking a beating from some of these workouts, and on thursday-saturday i was suffering in some freakish ways. i had migrating pockets of fluid built up in my muscles, that actually kind of resembled tumors. first i had one in my right tricep, then my left a little bit, and then it moved up to the front of my right shoulder and finally finished at the back of my right shoulder. i know my description will not do these things justice, but they were freakish. friday night i looked a bit like quasimodo. but i'm finally back to normalish, not including the sinus infection, so i will be back at CF attempting a 4 or 5 day week again. wish me luck, i'll need it...

No comments:

Post a Comment