Friday, March 12, 2010

5 years

two posts in one day? whoa. i may be going a bit overboard here...

i wanted to start by wishing my sis and brother in law a happy 5 year anniversary! your marriage has created such a wonderful, perfect little girl, and it is truly a miracle of love. kate, erin, and zac, we love you!

i also realized i didn't update the car sitch from the last post. i have my car back, good ol' LaQuisha looks better than she has in years! really glad it wasn't totaled, even though the damage was more extensive than they first estimated. i kinda miss my rental car though.

also, i had to comment on my iphone. i'm not particularly technologically inclined, and might actually be closer to the challenged end of the spectrum. when donny gave me an iphone as a wedding gift i was a bit intimidated, as it wasn't really something i had on my wish list. BUT, no surprise to any of you iphone users out there, i loved it right away!! being able to check my email with one touch, surf the web at any time, navigate in the car, and play new games were the first features that caught my attention. tonight another app won me over. i had used shazam to tag music several times before, mostly listening to the radio in the car with donny. tonight we went to a mongolian grill with my parents (YUM), and an album was playing that we all liked but didn't recognize. as my parents wondered aloud at who it might be, i pulled out my beloved miracle machine and tagged the song. i wasn't very hopeful as the music wasn't loud and there was so much background noise, but SHAZAM- it tagged the song correctly. amazing. there is nothing that phone can't do. i can't believe i was ever satisfied without it.

and finally, bring it on, march madness... i'm totally ready for you to fill the sports void the olympics have left.

1 comment:

  1. SHAZAM!!!! It was funny to watch you hold you phone up in the air and try to get everyone at the dinner table to be silent. Not to mention we were not in the quietest of restaurants, so I had my doubts.

    Love

    -Hubs

    ReplyDelete