Tuesday, March 16, 2010

some days are made for laziness


today was without question one of those days. i stirred when donny left for work, but then slept until he called and woke me up at ten. then, i made the effortful move from bed to couch, where i remained until about 4:00. law and order svu is just made for days like today. as is eating peanut butter from the jar with a spoon. and lets not forget good ol' pajamas. but finally, i changed and went to crossfit at 5 (PR'ed on dead lift, 163 lbs), followed by a delightful trip to spoons with my friend, megan, from work. spoons is the frozen yogurt place here in cs and it pretty much rocks my world.

yesterday, i ate about 5 donuts and a kolache for breakfast from the ever delicious shipleys. have you ever had the feeling that, if you shove one more bite of food down your throat you are going to puke? but you want the food so badly that you do it anyway? i was so there yesterday. i couldn't tell you the last time i felt so sick. but, several hours later i felt well enough to eat 2/3 of a box of girl scout cookies. and then i went to crossfit. almost vomiting twice in one day is not something i'm in a hurry to repeat. oh and then, when i was finally feeling better, donny and i went for mexican at los cucos. 

i know what you must thinking... what the hell is wrong with me and why don't i stop eating like a 400 pound person? well, yesterday marked the first day officially off of the paleo diet. and while i had every intention of continuing many aspects of the diet, my cravings have been so intense and incessant that i at times felt like i might lose my mind. i hated thinking about food constantly. so i figured that maybe allowing myself to eat anything i wanted to that had been off-limits might change my mindset- enter spring break. and then, when i'm feeling sane again, moderation will be key- but not cutting things out completely- that kind of restriction just doesn't work for me.

so days 1 & 2 of spring break have been pretty much as worthless as i had hoped. here's to a bit of productivity on days 3-5... but not much. it IS still spring break, after all :)


1 comment:

  1. I've never understood this food craving thing. Is it a woman thing? I have my mind control what I put in my mouth and can't imagine letting my mouth control what I eat.

    ReplyDelete