Saturday, October 24, 2009

2200 meters

CrossFit 10.23.09

warm-up
250m row

strength
3-3-3-3-3 split jerk
weight= 62 lbs
the split jerk is similar to the push jerk, where you hold the bar at your chest, dip, then "squat" down as you bring the bar above your head. the idea is that you make the bar weightless so you can get under it more easily. in the push jerk, your feet go wide in a normal squat stance. in the split jerk one of your feet goes back, so your stance is split. i prefer the push jerk and struggled splitting my stance enough.

WOD
time trials:
1 mile- 6:42
400m- 1:08
200m- 0:28
we had 3-4 minutes of rest between each. we ran outside and the weather was ideal for running. i felt like my pace on the mile was kind of slow so i was surprised by my time. i think it helped that the other two people working out at the same time as me were both men, so they were ahead of me which pushed me to try to keep up. i thought it was funny because my time for the 400m matched my best 400m time from junior high track. i was dreading this workout from the moment i saw it online late thursday night and could have easily talked myself out of going, but i finally made it to a whole week of CF, and i feel great! the running felt good too, once it was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment