Saturday, October 3, 2009

happy birthday weekend, D

tomorrow is my soon-to-be hubby's 25th birthday!! i can't believe how fast we are getting older. it makes you realize that you really have to take advantage of each day. you can't let your life just pass you by as you watch from the sidelines, although sometimes it seems to do just that despite your best efforts. but that's enough deep, reflective musing for now...

+ we are in houston for the weekend, celebrating donny's quarter-century birthday with our families (including our niece and goddaughter, kate!). we also saw the place where stacy is most likely booking the "rehearsal dinner", and it's awesome! also, we are already getting lots of online rsvp's, which is exciting- keep 'em coming :)

had a lovely girl's night lingerie shower for donny's coworker/my friend, tiffany, last night. it was a funfilled (and certainly wine-filled) evening of good company, good laughs, and good... well, mostly decent... "karaoke" on Sing Star. fun times!

i made it through a long week at work, and i accomplished my CF goal of 4 workouts... next week will be 4 again (due to my out of town bachelorette weekend in austin!!). after that, i'm hoping to increase to 5 workouts per week. 

CrossFit 10.2.09

warm-up
200m run

strength
3-3-3-3-3 OHS (over head squat)
weight= 32lbs
weeeaaaak. this was so hard for me and i'm not sure why. holding the weight overhead made me feel so off balance, like i was going to topple over at any given second. i think both my arms/shoulders and my core aren't strong enough for this. plenty of room for improvement on this one...

WOD
AMRAP (as many reps as possible) in 10 minutes of:
5 toes-to-bar (hanging from a pull up bar and try to pull feet up to touch the bar... i could hardly get my knees up to my elbows!)
10 push press (10lb dumbbells in each hand)
15 squats
total= 8 rounds
i did not like this workout at all, though i'm not sure why. and i did terribly. i don't know what my problem was. i didn't finish winded or very sweaty, which makes me think i just wasn't working hard enough. i think the movements were challenging for me, so i couldn't do any of them extremely quickly. blah. better luck next time i guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment