Thursday, October 15, 2009

double trouble

+ i survived today and now it's almost the weekend!! red river shootout and tiffany and justin's wedding on saturday, then some quality kate time sunday morning. and a soccer game sunday evening.

speaking of soccer, today i not only made it to my 4th consecutive day of crossfit, but i also played in a make-up soccer game afterwards. double duty, but i'm feeling pretty good. i felt much more comfortable on the field tonight than in our first game- no blatant whiffs or obvious mistakes this time. i was able to defend even the men somewhat effectively. we didn't win but we played better. i'll chalk that up as a victory of sorts. my notoriously bad temper, not to mention poor sportsmanship, began to rear it's ugly head tonight. i hate that i am so competitive on the field, even when i'm not intending to be. i've gotta work on that.

the principal at the intermediate school i'm placed at this year told me i was violating dress code today. questionable. i thought i was dressed perfectly appropriately, as did several of my colleagues. but whatever. i'm a rule follower by nature so i was a little upset, but after some kind words of support from said colleagues i felt much better. 

leftover cake from the shower is my current vice, and i'm ready for it to be dunzo... which it will be soon thanks to my lack of self-control. but damn, is it good!

CrossFit 10.15.09

warm-up
3x 10 
GHD sit-ups
ring dips (using skinny band)
squats

strength
3-3-2-1-1 cleans
max-ish weight= 72 lbs
i probably could have done more, but something about my form didn't feel quite right and it was irritating my arms a little.

WOD
3 rounds of:
30 dumbbell snatch (15 lb db)
200m run
time= 6:03
i definitely worked my hardest and was pleased with my time. tough workout for sure, especially considering i was still recovering from "fran". 5th day tomorrow, yay for achieving even small goals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment