Thursday, October 22, 2009

must see tv

+ a smooth sailing kind of day with gorgeous fall weather (from lunch time on)... can't ask for too much more than that!

our make-up soccer game that was scheduled for tonight will have to be re-rescheduled due to the early morning rain. can't say i mind as thursday night games definitely interfere with our thursday night tv schedule... now we'll get to enjoy vampire diaries, the office, and maybe we'll even get to grey's anatomy, too. aren't our lives thrillingly eventful?

today at work i spent my lunch break looking at puppies online. we are really wanting to get another one, even though right now is not the best timing... maybe we'll hold off till the summer when i have time to train her, but i don't know because we are both starting to get pretty antsy. i've got my heart set on a maltipoo (maltese + poodle). due to my pet allergies and disdain for dog hair i have been pretty decided on a poodle or poodle mutt of some sort. plus p-lope is half poodle and she's pretty much the best dog i could have ever asked for, so i'm sold :) we will definitely wait until after the wedding, and maybe until the summer... we'll see!

tomorrow we will be going to houston to visit with my mom as well as my grandma and aunt karen, who both flew in from pennsylvania for my bridal shower this weekend! the shower is saturday afternoon (and i'm looking forward to it immensely), and then on sunday i will be accompanying my wonderful fiance to the texans game (the tickets were a bday gift from my parents). i'm pumped to see the game, but almost equally excited to eat dippin dots while watching the game. love me some unnaturally textured and overpriced ice-cream!

CrossFit 10.22.09

warm-up
3 sets of 10:
double unders (jump roping... difficult and somewhat painful getting repeatedly lashed by the rope on failed attempts)
push-ups

strength
3-3-3-3-3 back squats
weight= 102 lbs
this is a 10lb increase since the last time we did back squats a week and a half ago, and a 35lb increase since my first attempt a month ago. progress made.

WOD
5 rounds of:
5 muscle snatch (32 lbs)
15 sit-ups
time= 5:18
my goal for this was under 5 minutes, and ideally close to 4:30, but obviously i wasn't very close. my sit-ups were really slow... they always are. i don't think it is because i'm weak, but for some reason i just can't do them quickly. my snatches felt good, but i maybe should have done 37 or 42lbs. next workout with snatches i will definitely increase my weight. day 5 tomorrow (for real this time)!

No comments:

Post a Comment